Mike Greenberg returns to ESPN Radio’s airwaves on Monday August 17th, taking over the 12p-2p ET timeslot, a change from his morning routine. Secure with a place in the NAB radio hall of fame, the lead chair on ESPN’s hit television program ‘Get Up‘, and 32,000+ hours of on-air broadcasting under his belt, some in Mike’s position would pass on the chance to increase their work load, and accept a new challenge, but that’s not how Greeny operates. In this conversation, Mike shares what interested him about returning to host a solo midday program, how content will be approached on the show, the method to his madness when it comes to interviewing and teasing, advice he’s passed on to the network’s new morning show, and more.
Additionally, BSM President Jason Barrett spends 5 minutes prior to the conversation sharing a few observations, opinions, and questions about ESPN Radio’s changes.
SUBJECTS COVERED WITH MIKE:
- When he started thinking about returning to radio
- Launching new shows and handling negative feedback
- His vision and content approach for the new midday show
- How social issues will be covered on the program
- Winning over listeners who prefer local hosts
- The way he approaches interviewing and teasing
- Remembering Detroit sports radio host Jamie Samuelsen
- The likelihood of football still being played in December
FROM THE GUEST:
Follow Mike on Twitter: @ESPNGreeny