Connect with us
Jim Cutler Demos

News Television

NBC News Abandons Trump White House Press Conference

The president, much like he had on the campaign trail in the lead-up to November 3, alleged that there was rampant voter fraud, but also asserted that he was going to win the election despite former vice president Joe Biden just needing six electoral votes to become the 46th President of the United States.

Avatar photo

Published

on

President Trump addressed the nation and reporters from the press room at The White House on Thursday night, providing an update on the campaign’s efforts to halt vote counting in numerous battleground states.

The president, much like he had on the campaign trail in the lead-up to November 3, alleged that there was rampant voter fraud, but also asserted that he was going to win the election despite former vice president Joe Biden just needing six electoral votes to become the 46th President of the United States.

It didn’t take long, however, for MSNBC to cut out from the president’s remarks. Viewers soon heard from Brian Williams who was tasked with jumping in.

“Here we are again in the unusual position of not only interrupting the President of the United States, but correcting the President of the United States,” Williams told viewers who saw a side by side shot of Williams behind the desk in New York and President Trump at the podium in the press room. Bringing in MSNBC’s chief legal correspondent Ari Melber, Williams continued “There are no illegal votes that we know of. There has been no Trump victory that we know of.”

MSNBC had made it clear all week that any premature claims of victory by the president wouldn’t be given the air time. So far the network has made good on that policy.

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

News Television

CNN Analyst: Fox News Executives Believe They Will Lose Dominion Lawsuit

“I don’t see how any person in their right mind could look at this and say that this is going to be easy for Fox to win.”

Avatar photo

Published

on

A photo of the Fox News logo

The revelation that Fox News employees — from hosts to executives and to chairman Rupert Murdoch — knowingly parroted false narratives that the 2020 election was “stolen” from then-President Donald Trump has created questions on whether the network can defend itself in a lawsuit brought forth by Dominion Voting Systems.

CNN media analyst and Axios reporter Sara Fischer claims that prominent Fox News executives believe — behind the scenes — that the network will ultimately lose its case with the election machine company.

While appearing on CNN This Morning, Fischer was asked what the defense from Fox News would be, after the network claimed it never endorsed any of the falsehoods peddled by Trump allies. However, Murdoch admitted in his deposition that certain hosts — namely Jeanine Pirro, Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs, and Sean Hannity — did endorse the claims.

“I have sources inside Fox in the C-Suite level; they tell you they think it is likely that they will lose this case, and that’s because of this discrepancy,” Fischer said. “They might say there was newsworthiness in covering what Donald Trump was saying, but there is a clear difference in newsworthiness versus peddling and having people peddling those lies on your show.”

“But Sara, you are hearing from sources,” CNN This Morning co-host Kaitlan Collins said, “they think they are going to lose this?”

“I am hearing that. And Rupert Murdoch’s deposition, which was unsealed yesterday, kind of concedes that,” argued Fischer. “When you look at what Fox’s Chief Policy Officer, and legal officer, said yesterday, the plaintiff asked, and the lawyers asked ‘Do you think Fox had a responsibility to tell the truth here?’ and he said ‘yes.’

“I mean, you have your own executives admitting that there was a discrepancy between what the hosts were saying, what they knew, and what was being aired, and what the responsibility was. I don’t see how any person in their right mind could look at this and say that this is going to be easy for Fox to win.”

A statement from Fox News, however, contends that the lawsuit brought against the network by Dominion Voting Systems “has always been more about what will generate headlines than what can withstand legal and factual scrutiny.”

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

Rupert Murdoch Admits Fox Talent Knowingly Pushed, Endorsed False Election Narrative

“The documents further allege that Murdoch helped the Trump campaign by providing Biden television ads to Jared Kushner before they were run on Fox News.”

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

A photo of Rupert Murdoch

New court documents released on Monday in Dominion Voting System’s defamation lawsuit against Fox News have revealed that Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of Fox News, admitted under oath that top hosts promoted false election claims at the cable news network. 

According to Mediate, despite evidence that many hosts privately knew the claims made by then-President Donald Trump and his surrogates to be false, they were promoted on air. Murdoch acknowledged that Jeanine Pirro endorsed the claims, Lou Dobbs supported them “a lot,” and Sean Hannity did so “a bit.”

Murdoch also admitted that he could have told Fox to stop inviting Trump lawyers Sydney Powell and Rudy Giuliani on the air but chose not to do so. The documents further allege that Murdoch helped the Trump campaign by providing Biden television ads to Jared Kushner before they were run on Fox News.

Initially, Fox News was reportedly trying to tamp down election denialism. Still, after traditional Fox News viewers were unhappy with its coverage, Murdoch met with Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and Lachlan Murdoch to strategize how to win back viewers. No longer booking Democrats was allegedly part of the strategy.

Fox News issued a statement refuting Dominion’s lawsuit and contended that it infringed on the First Amendment. The statement maintained that the lawsuit was more focused on sensationalism than legal and factual rigor and that Dominion’s attempts to malign Fox for reporting on allegations made by a sitting US President were evident.

The Dominion lawsuit against Fox News seeks $1.6 billion in damages, but more than half a billion dollars have slashed the damages demand after their expert debunked its implausible claims. According to Fox News, Dominion’s summary judgment motion took an extreme, unsupported view of defamation law that would prevent journalists from basic reporting.

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

Fox News Reporter: Covering War in Ukraine ‘Has Changed My Life and Mind Forever’

“Let’s take care of our own minds, so that we can keep telling the stories that matter.”

Avatar photo

Published

on

Fox News reporter Trey Yingst has spent the past year covering the war in Ukraine and published an op-ed in USA Today Sunday detailing the toll the fighting has had on his mental health, claiming he has been dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder due to the images he’s witnessed.

“War changes you as a person,” wrote Yingst. “I’ve reported around the world, but the invasion of Ukraine has been especially difficult to bear witness to.”

Yingst added that seeing bombings, “lifeless bodies strewn across landscapes”, interviewing people on the worst days of their lives, and dealing with the constant adrenaline rushes have been a challenge to his mental healthy.

“I decided I would stay, even when most of our crew pulled out. It wasn’t a question for me,” continued Yingst. “I don’t regret my choice, but the decision has altered my life and mind forever.”

The Fox News reporter added he feels a duty to “normalize the discussion around mental health” as the chief reason for penning the op-ed.

“Let’s take care of our own minds, so that we can keep telling the stories that matter,” concluded Yingst.

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

Upcoming Events

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2024 Barrett Media.