Connect with us

News Print & Digital

Joe Rogan Advocates for Not Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine

“If you’re like 21 years old and you say to me, should I get vaccinated?” I’ll go no. Are you healthy? Are you a healthy person? Like, look, don’t do anything stupid, but you should take care of yourself.”

Published

on

Outspoken and controversial podcaster Joe Rogan urged healthy young adults not to get the COVID-19 vaccine on a recent podcast. Rogan’s podcast is downloaded by millions of people every day and distributed by Spotify.

“If you’re like 21 years old and you say to me, should I get vaccinated?” I’ll go no. Are you healthy? Are you a healthy person? Like, look, don’t do anything stupid, but you should take care of yourself.”

There have been three COVID-19 vaccines approved by the FDA for emergency use authorization in the U.S. One was developed by Pfizer, another by Moderna and the other by Johnson & Johnson.

The CDC and FDA recommend people get two doses of the vaccines developed by Pfizer and Moderna. The vaccine developed by Johnson & Johnson is a single-shot vaccine.

Pfizer and Moderna said their vaccines have remained effective in preventing COVID-19 through at least six months after the second dose. The full duration of protection is not yet known, according to the CDC.

Rogan has been criticized for using his platform to spread conspiracy theories about COVID-19.

“Both my children got the virus. It was nothing. I mean, I hate to say that if someone’s children died from this. I am sorry that that happened. I’m not in any way diminishing that,” said Rogan. “I’m saying the personal experience that my children had with COVID was nothing.”

According to data from the American Academy of Pediatrics and Children’s Hospital Association, 296 children have died of COVID-19 in the U.S. as of April 22.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Print & Digital

Trump-related Accounts Suspended by Twitter

Accounts tied to the launch of the former president’s blog popped up earlier this week

Published

on

In January, following the attack on the U.S. Capitol, Twitter permanently suspended the account of former President Donald Trump.

However, there are motions to get the ex-commander-in-chief back on social media. Recently, Facebook and Instagram upheld their decision to ban Trump from its platforms.

Meanwhile, on Twitter, Salon reports that the social media outlet recently suspended four high-profile Trump account duplicates after their creation, including @DJTrumpDesk, @DeskofDJT, and @DeskofTrump1 and @DJTDesk, which had accumulated several thousand followers before going dark.

“As stated in our ban evasion policy, we’ll take enforcement action on accounts whose apparent intent is to replace or promote content affiliated with a suspended account,” a Twitter spokesperson said.

On the Trump side of this controversy, the former president had a spokesperson, Jason Miller, state to NBC News that no one affiliated with him is responsible for creating these Twitter accounts.

Recently, Trump announced a new platform, called “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” allowing him to post comments, images, and videos on his DonaldJTrump.com website. This blog also permits people to share that content themselves on social media.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Washington Post Nears Hire of New Executive Editor

Insiders favor current national editor for the spot

Published

on

The Washington Post is in the latter stages of filling its top editor position. Long-time
executive editor Marty Baron retired from this role in February after spending over eight
years with the newspaper.

According to The Daily Beast, The Post has narrowed its search to a few names to
replace the retiring Baron. The first name is an internal candidate in national editor
Steve Ginsberg.

“Ginsberg is broadly well-liked in the Washington Post newsroom, insiders said, at a
time when there has been increasingly public tensions between many staffers and the
paper’s management,” The Daily Beast wrote.

“But he is not seen as a major player in the broader media business, and selecting
Ginsberg, who is white, would buck the trend of powerful news outlets like CBS News,
ABC News, MSNBC, and the Los Angeles Times making diverse hires for their top
positions.”

When it comes to external candidates, The New York Times assistant managing editor
Marc Lacey has the most substantial chance of landing the position. Lacey, a prominent
Black journalist, is held in very high esteem at the Times and was part of two Pulitzer
Prize-winning teams.

Selecting Lacey would be a splashy and diverse hire for the newspaper should they go
that route. Other names in contention for the position are interim editor Cameron Barr,
National Geographic editor Susan Goldberg, and New York Times deputy managing
editor Carolyn Ryan.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Talcott Shifts to WH Beat for Daily Caller

Talcott moves from serving as a field reporter.

Published

on

The Daily Caller has a new correspondent covering the White House as Shelby Talcott announced on Twitter that she’s the media outlets Senior White House Correspondent. The current Senior Media Reporter and Field Correspondent will begin her new position next week.

“Personal News. Super excited to announce that I’ll be starting as the @DailyCaller’s Senior White House Correspondent on Monday! Really looking forward to this new opportunity!” Talcott tweeted.

Geoff Ingersoll, The Daily Caller’s editor-in-chief, took to Twitter as well to congratulate Talcott on her new position within the media outlet.

So excited for Shelby and the brand, couldn’t think of anyone better to fill these shoes in Datoc’s absence. Now … let’s get to work,” Ingersoll tweeted.

As The Daily Caller’s Field Correspondent, Talcott had the unfortunate event of being arrested along with her colleague Jorge Ventura last September while covering the Louisville protest in the aftermath of a grand jury verdict in the Breonna Taylor case.

Despite revealing themselves as journalists, both were held in a detention center for 16 hours, with Talcott being charged with failure to disperse and unlawful assembly.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.