Connect with us
Jim Cutler Demos

News Television

Chris Cuomo Has Heated Exchange With a Restaurant Owner

The back and forth exchange on the matter concluded with Cuomo telling the businessman that he sounds “like an idiot.” 

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

CNN

CNN host Chris Cuomo engaged in a heated discussion with a California restaurant owner who requests customers show they are not vaccinated. 

The back and forth exchange on the matter concluded with Cuomo telling the businessman that he sounds “like an idiot.” 

“This is not an anti-vaccine stand; it’s a pro-freedom stand,” Tony Roman, the owner of Basilico’s in Huntington Beach. “That’s what you’re not getting.” 

The CNN host would respond by stating, “what is the difference when you are ignoring the science that says when you get vaccinated, you protect yourself, you protect the people around you, and you help us get out of this pandemic?” 

Roman shot back at Cuomo by referencing the host’s incident over leaving his house despite testing positive for COVID-19 last year. “Why did you leave your house when you had COVID? It has been documented,” the restaurant owner said. 

Cuomo fired back. “First of all, it has been documented. My a**, it has been documented.” The CNN host would shift the conversation back to Romano’s decision regarding his restaurant. 

“The science is clear. I don’t want you to get sick,” Cuomo told Roman. However, the restaurant owner doesn’t want the CNN host worrying about his health or what goes at his place of business. 

“All of a sudden, you care about me,” Roman taunted Cuomo. “Maybe we should ask your brother about protecting people.” The heated confrontation ended with Cuomo stating, “Honestly, you sound like an idiot, so there’s not much to say.”

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

News Television

Tucker Carlson Quietly Steps Down from Board of The Daily Caller

“His board term was up and he’s busy with his new projects.”

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

A photo of Tucker Carlson
(Photo: Tucker Carlson)

The Daily Beast reported Thursday that former Fox News host Tucker Carlson quietly stepped down from the board of The Daily Caller. Carlson co-founded the media organization in 2011 and has held a chair position for over a decade.

Nonetheless, citing an unreported tax filing, the report notes that Carlson disappeared from the board of The Daily Caller News Foundation in 2022. Still, the precise timing is unclear.

Carlson did not comment on his removal from the board but attempted to diminish The Daily Beast and the reporter.

“You’re still working for The Daily Beast? How old are you?” Carlson asked. 

Tucker Carlson and The Daily Caller had kept the news hidden until recently. The nonprofit submitted its annual registration with the state on December 7, 2022, and Carlson’s name appeared as a director. 

The nonprofit did not include his name in the annual registration they filed earlier this month. Additionally, on their September 2022 tax return, they omitted to list him as a board member.

Neil Patel, co-founder and chairperson of The Daily Caller, has been serving on the board with Carlson since the beginning. He expressed in a statement to The Daily Beast that Carlson was too busy for his five-hour-a-week board position and had reached his term limit without providing any additional explanation.

“We love Tucker,” the statement said. “He’s our founder. His board term was up and he’s busy with his new projects, so we moved him to an honorary role.”

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

News Media Reacts to MSNBC Canceling The Mehdi Hasan Show

After the cancellation of his program, the network plans to utilize Hasan as both an analyst and a fill-in host.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Credit: Peacock

Semafor’s Max Tani reported on Thursday that MSNBC has canceled The Mehdi Hasan Showwhich aired on Sundays at 8 PM ET. Furthermore, Hasan’s Peacock-exclusive program, which ran on Tuesday, is also being canceled.

After the cancellation of his program, the network plans to utilize Hasan as both an analyst and a fill-in host. There was plenty of reaction regarding the news. Here’s what some had to say:

Additionally, MSNBC will launch a new “ensemble” program that Alicia Menendez, Symone Sanders-Townsend, and Michael Steele will lead. The Weekend program will air on Saturdays and Sundays from 8-10 AM ET.

Jonathan Capehart’s program will air at 6 PM ET on weekends, and the weekend schedule will include an expanded three-hour edition of Alex Witt Reports.

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

MSNBC Shuffles Weekend Lineup, Cancels The Mehdi Hasan Show

After his program’s cancellation, the network plans to use Hasan as an analyst and a fill-in host.

Avatar photo

Published

on

Mehdi Hasan
(Photo: MSNBC)

MSNBC has reportedly canceled the weekend show hosted by Mehdi Hasan and will expand an existing program hosted by Ayman Mohyeldin, as part of a larger weekend shuffle.

The Mehdi Hasan Show aired on Sundays at 8 PM ET. Additionally, he hosted a Peacock-exclusive program on Tuesdays. After his program’s cancellation, the network plans to use Hasan as an analyst and a fill-in host, according to a report from Semafor’s Max Tani.

MSNBC will launch a new “ensemble” program that will be led by Alicia Menendez, Symone Sanders-Townsend, and Michael Steele. Dubbed The Weekend, the new program will air on both Saturday and Sunday from 8-10 AM ET. As part of the new program, both Symone Sanders-Townsend and Alicia Menendez will relinquish their already existing weekend shows.

“As we emerge from a multitude of historic events these past months, we have an opportunity to build on our accomplishments and keep the momentum going into 2024 and beyond,” MSNBC President Rashida Jones wrote in an internal memo to staffers Thursday, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The network is also moving the program hosted by Jonathan Capehart to 6 PM ET on both Saturdays and Sundays. The existing show in that timeslot helmed by Yasmin Vossoughian will end, and she will continue to work as a national reporter.

Alex Witt Reports will expand to three hours as part of the weekend shuffle.

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

Upcoming Events

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2024 Barrett Media.