Connect with us

News Television

The Art Collection of John Oliver Heading Out on Five-City Tour

The tour starts at the Judy Garland Museum in Grand Rapids, Minn., where the pieces of art will remain from Sept. 7 through Sept. 28

Published

on

John Oliver has accumulated a growing art collection and the “Last Week Tonight” host is ready to share it with the public. Oliver announced that three paintings added this year will be heading out on tour. 

The HBO host detailed that the three pieces that will be touring the country are the painting of Wendy Williams, which portrays her about to eat a lamb chop. 

Meanwhile, the other two joining the Williams piece are a still-life of ties painted by Judy Kudlow and the infamous artwork of the collection that depicts what Oliver calls “rat erotica,” a painting done by Pennsylvania artist Brian Swords

“I’m happy to say that this illustrious exhibit is about to go on tour,” Oliver said. “You might remember that, in an effort to help museums that were struggling due to the pandemic, we asked museums across the United States if they would be interested in hosting these masterpieces we accumulated in the course of what was a very weird year. For some reason, many agreed. So over the next few months, our collection will be visiting exactly five museums.”

Oliver states that these three paintings are going to five different museums across the U.S. beginning in September. Furthermore, for serving as a home to the odd artistry, each museum will receive $10,000 from HBO and another $10,000 will be distributed to a food bank in their city.

The tour starts at the Judy Garland Museum in Grand Rapids, Minn., where the pieces of art will remain from Sept. 7 through Sept. 28. These are the other locations that the paintings will call home on this five-city tour:

Chicago: Museum of Broadcast Communications on Oct. 5 through 26

Baltimore: American Visionary Art Museum, Nov. 1 through 22

Detroit: William V. Banks Broadcast Museum & Media Center, Nov. 30 through Dec. 21

San Francisco: Cartoon Art Museum, Jan. 4 through Jan. 25, 2022

For ticket information, check out LWTGallery.com.

News Television

Chris Hayes: Schools Are Places for Learning, They’re Not Prisons

Hayes gave his detailed examination of the crisis of mass shootings in America and the nation’s reaction to that problem.

Published

on

The United States continues to reel from the latest mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, where 19 kids and two teachers were killed. There’s been plenty of reaction as details trickle out through various reporting.

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes gave his detailed examination of the crisis of mass shootings in America and the nation’s reaction to that problem.

“So what are we gonna do here,” Hayes said on Thursday’s edition of “All In.” “Some choices: Are we going to conceive of every school in this nation as first and foremost the site of a possible massacre and redesign and engineer every building with that in mind?”

“Should we make mass gun massacre prevention a core part of what schooling is and what schooling procedures look like?”

Hayes added that schools shouldn’t be implementing procedures to prepare for the next mass shooting. The MSNBC host adds that these places are for learning.

“As a parent and as a citizen, I say no. No. No. I don’t accept that. Schools are public places. They’re places of learning. For children, and teachers, and staff, to grow, and flourish, and play together. They are not prisons, they are not fortresses, and they should not have to be,” Hayes continued.

“No more hardening schools, no more lock-down drills. No more. The actual massacres are bad enough. The grief and the trauma, it’s bad enough. The trauma of families in Uvalde, or Parkland, or Santa Fe, or on and on and on. The trauma of the ritualized child sacrifice of American gun culture. And we have chosen to add on top of that the burden of making our schools places where every single child is subjected to the experience of hiding for their lives as an exercise?”

Continue Reading

News Television

Tucker Carlson Slams Officers in Texas for Their False Information

Carlson stated the police have been lying about their answers and noted some of them may have perpetrated a “moral crime” following the massacre at Robb Elementary, which saw 19 children and two adults die.

Published

on

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is slamming police officers in Texas for their false information about Tuesday’s mass shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas. 

Carlson stated the police have been lying about their answers and noted some of them may have perpetrated a “moral crime” following the massacre at Robb Elementary, which saw 19 children and two adults die.

Police originally expressed that an officer already present at the school “engaged” the suspect but could not stop him from entering the building. Nonetheless, officers now state the gunman entered unhampered. 

“It seems apparent that when that video was shot, the gunman was still alive with the firearm in the school with children,” Carlson stated, per Mediaite.

“Now, a Texas official later suggested on camera that while all of this was happening, some members of law enforcement in Texas went into the school to get their own children out.”

The Fox News host stated that although he’s pro-law enforcement, Carlson can’t fathom as to why it took them so long to re-enter the school with the 18-year-old gunman inside and children dying.  

“During that time they say they were waiting for backup, including, for some reason, for multiple crisis negotiators,” Carlson said. “No matter how pro-law enforcement you are, and we are there’s only so much B.S. you can take in the face of a tragedy like this. 

“We were waiting for specialized equipment? You have an 18year-old with a firearm and little kids being killed. What kind of specialty of equipment do you need? Negotiators? Really? As children are being murdered?”

Continue Reading

News Television

Sara Haines: Beto O’Rourke Was Calm While Interrupting Press Conference

Haines asserted that “politics was theatre” and insinuated that O’Rourke was totally calm while the people he was addressing became nasty.

Published

on

Texas Democratic gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke is drawing mixed reviews for interrupting a press conference Wednesday involving officials giving an update on the Uvalde, Texas, school massacre.

On Thursday’s “The View,” co-host Whoopi Goldberg asked her colleagues if they considered O’Rourke’s actions “political theatre.”

According to Fox News Digital, co-host Sara Haines asserted that “politics was theatre” and insinuated that O’Rourke was totally calm while the people he was addressing became nasty.

“Guns happen to be a big issue for Beto O’Rourke, and you even notice the optics. He calmly kept talking,” she continued, adding that those on the stage got “really nasty.”

“To hold a whole press conference about prayer and mourning the children, I’m guessing that grief is really quickly going to turn to anger if it hasn’t already, and they’re [Texans] going to want to see some action,” Haines said.

Sunny Hostin suggested that some of the politicians may have been angrier with O’Rourke than they were with the actual actions of the killer.

Meanwhile, right-leaning pundits are slamming O’Rourke for his actions. Syndicated radio host Clay Travis took exception to the gubernatorial candidate’s actions.   

“That’s Beto, who still, to my knowledge, has not given any indication of what could have been done to keep this from happening,” he said. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.