Connect with us
Register for the BSM Summit Now

News Television

Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs Contract Extension With “The View”

Goldberg is signing a four-year contract, keeping her with “The View” until the summer of 2025.

Published

on

ABC

This year, “The View” saw the departure of Meghan McCain in the summer, and the program doesn’t seem to want anymore turnover, which is why TheWrap reports that Whoopi Goldberg has signed a contract extension with ABC. 

According to the report, Goldberg is signing a four-year contract, keeping her with “The View” until the summer of 2025. When it comes to the financial details of the new deal, they’re unknown at the moment.

ABC declined to comment on the matter of Goldberg’s new contract. Nonetheless, Goldberg began her 15th season with the program, and her four-year deal takes her to the age of 69, so it will be interesting to see whether she plans to continue in the daytime circuit past the summer of 2025. 

“The View” is in transition as they have a rotating guest are filling in for the departed McCain, and as the search to replace her continues, it seems ABC wants to have the rest of the panel signed to new deals for the foreseeable future. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Television

“Full Frontal with Samantha Bee” Renewed For a Seventh Season

“Full Frontal” continues to be a solid draw for TBS as its current season averages 2.9 million viewers per episode across all platforms.

Published

on

As Jimmy Kimmel ponders his future as a late-night host and James Corden discusses a new contract with CBS, WarnerMedia is locking its late-night host Samantha Bee. 

Deadline reported that the cable network picked up the seventh season of “Full Frontal,” scheduled to air in 2022. 

Furthermore, with “All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite” moving from TNT to TBS in January, the show is transitioning to Thursdays, away from its long-time Wednesday night slot. 

“I’m beyond excited to be returning to TBS for a seventh season,” said Bee. “Now we have enough seasons for you to binge one every day of the week. I warned you I was tenacious.”

“Full Frontal” continues to be a solid draw for TBS as its current season averages 2.9 million viewers per episode across all platforms.

“Shining a spotlight on important issues and people, Sam provides needed commentary and asks questions of authority and ourselves that need to be asked,” TBS, TNT, and TruTV general manager Brett Weitz said. 

“But most of all, Sam is just funny and makes me laugh out loud each week. I’m thrilled she will continue to call TBS home.”

Along with extending the show for its seventh season, TBS renewed a first-look deal with Bee’s production company, Swimsuit Competition, which aims to discover new talent and give support and exposure to their ideas.

Continue Reading

News Television

Meghan Rafferty Named NBC Nightly News’ Executive Producer

Since Suozzo left in August, Rafferty has served as the interim executive producer and her regular duties as the senior broadcast producer of the program.

Published

on

“NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” will have a new executive producer as Meghan Rafferty is taking over the position left vacant following the departure of Jenn Suozzo. 

Since Suozzo left in August, Rafferty has served as the interim executive producer and her regular duties as the senior broadcast producer of the program. Still, it seems as though NBC News wants to remove the temporary label and hand the position to Rafferty.

Deadline relayed the memo of the appointment sent to NBC News staffers by NBC News President Noah Oppenheim. 

“Meghan has done a phenomenal job at the helm of the newscast during the last month,” Oppenheim wrote. “She is a respected, trusted, exemplary leader with the keen news instincts and innovative vision that have been a huge part of Nighty’s recent successes and, in this new role, will help propel the broadcast to the next level.”

“As Senior Broadcast Producer, Meghan has stepped up time and time again. She skillfully led the team through the unique challenges we faced during the onset of the pandemic and became a steadfast presence in the control room during those early days of uncertainty.”

Continue Reading

News Television

Geraldo Rivera, Greg Gutfeld Spar Over Haitian Immigrants

Published

on

A heated exchange between Fox News hosts Geraldo Rivera, and Greg Gutfeld on Wednesday’s The Five ended with Rivera apologizing for misinterpreting Gutfeld’s statement about Haitian immigrants.

Gutfeld’s statement began when he blamed the media and Democrats for ignoring “the rampant violent crime that started last summer all the way to the present time.” 

Rivera took his statement to mean that Haitians are coming to the U.S. and committing violent crimes.

“Oh, wait a second,” Rivera interjected, to which Gutfeld replied, “Stop Geraldo, let me finish. I let you talk for God knows how long.”

“There’s absolutely no evidence,” exclaimed Rivera. “I defy you to find an incident, any incident that you related directly to these undocumented immigrants and urban crime.”

The apology came after a commercial break with host Dana Perino admitting there were some laughs about the mix-up during the break.

I apologize because I believe you are a very clever writer, very talented. And it is a pleasure being on the program with you,” said Rivera.

“I accept your apology,” Gutfeld told him.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.