Connect with us

News Television

Meghan McCain: Toxicity Kept Getting Worse on “The View”

McCain elaborated that despite the success “The View” had while she was a part of the show, it didn’t improve the toxic environment

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Former “The View” co-host Meghan McCain appeared on Fox News’ “Hannity” to discuss her departure from the show. McCain stated to host Sean Hannity that she was treated differently due to her politics.

“It’s all very personal,” McCain said. “That’s the thing that being a conservative woman in mainstream media is deeply threatening.”

“Being a woman who can hold her own on a show like that proved to be ultimately threatening. So it became more and more personal. The stronger the show got — that was the ironic part of it, the better the show did.”

McCain elaborated that despite the success “The View” had while she was a part of the show, it didn’t improve the toxic environment in her eyes brewing in the background. 

“We won an Emmy. We were on the cover of The New York Times Magazine as the most important political show in America; I felt the toxicity got worse and worse.”

“I actually felt like the more successful I was on “The View” and the more moments I helped get them, and the more I pressed liberal candidates and liberal guests on the show, the worse it got for me backstage.”

During the interview with Hannity, the two discussed that co-host Joy Behar’s on-air swipe at McCain in January occurred on her second day returning from maternity leave.

“I had very severe post-partum anxiety, and that moment triggered a panic attack backstage,” McCain said. “I vomited in my office. It was horrible. I started crying between commercial breaks, and it was the moment that I just thought that my fours in an anthropological experiment in left-wing media had come to an end.”

Despite enjoying her four years on “The View” because of the platform it provides, she did state that her conservative views did put a target on your back. 

“I really enjoyed four years on “The View in the sense that it is a great challenge,” McCain said. “It is a huge platform. People watch it. You are the number one show in daytime. But you are targeted if you are the token conservative, and you are treated differently.”

News Television

Chris Wallace: Democrats Would Like Another Nominee in 2024

Wallace said Democrats don’t want Biden to run again in 2024 because of his age. 

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Chris Wallace joined CNN’s “At This Hour” to discuss a New York Times article suggesting that President Joe Biden shouldn’t run again. 

According to a transcript published on Breitbart, Wallace said Democrats don’t want Biden to run again in 2024 because of his age. 

“I think 75%of Democrats say they would like to see another Democratic nominee for president in 2024,” said Biden. 

Wallace said he’s witnessed farewells plenty of times, especially in the media, which he referred to as the gold watch sent off. 

“Look; obviously, the success after a lot of stalemate, the success of the last month or so by Joe Biden is impressive, and it will change the narrative,” Wallace said. “We will be talking about everything he has accomplished.” 

‘You know what, I’m excited by the idea of a guy who on next inauguration day would be 82 running for election again,’ I’m not so sure about that,” he added.

Continue Reading

News Television

News Media Reacts to FBI Searching Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort

CNN reports that the former President corroborated the information that FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago and stated, “they even broke into my safe.”

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

On Monday, news broke that the FBI executed a search warrant at former U.S. President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. 

The search warrant is part of the inquiry into the handling of presidential documents, including classified documents, that Trump may have been brought there. 

CNN reports that the former President corroborated the information that FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago and stated, “they even broke into my safe.” He was at Trump Tower in New York when the search warrant occurred in Florida. 

There’s plenty of reaction from both sides of the news media aisle, here’s what some had to say: 

Continue Reading

News Television

John Oliver Takes Dig at Parent Owner Warner Bros. Discovery

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav was also a leading force in canceling CNN’s venture into the streaming wars

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Warner Bros. Discovery has made recent headlines for its decisions regarding HBO Max and canceling in-production films, including DC’s “Batgirl,” to get future tax write-offs.

During a segment discussing Monkeypox on Sunday, HBO’s “Last Week Tonight” host John Oliver decided to take a shot at their new parent company for its recent decisions.

“We let the vaccine sit unused on a shelf in our reserves like an expired Chobani or a $90 million movie on HBO Max,” Oliver said, referring to the “Batgirl” film. 

“By the way, hi there, new business daddy! Seems like you’re doing a really great job. I do get the vague sense that you’re burning down my network for the insurance money, but I’m sure that will all pass.”

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav was also a leading force in canceling CNN’s venture into the streaming wars, pulling the plug on CNN+ less than a month after the service launched. 

“On CNN+, there was no message it was a business decision,” Zaslav told CNBC in May. “We looked at it and we looked at the data, the number of users they had spent an enormous amount of money trying to sell an independent product. 

“The subscribers weren’t there, the users weren’t there. We looked at it together. We had a chance to look at all the data and when we looked at the data, it was, the business wasn’t there.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.