Connect with us
Register for the BSM Summit Now

News Print & Digital

Alex Jones Liable by Default in Sandy Hook Defamation Suit

The families of Sandy Hook victims are suing Jones in both Texas and Connecticut courts

Published

on

Infowars founder Alex Jones has lost another defamation lawsuit pertaining to his claims regarding the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary mass shooting. A Connecticut state court found Jones liable by default handing a victory to the families of eight people killed. 

The reason for Judge Barbara Bellis giving this verdict is due to Jones not handing over financial and analytics data requested on various occasions by the Sandy Hook family plaintiffs.

“All the defendants have failed to fully and fairly comply with their discovery obligations,” Bellis said.

The families of Sandy Hook victims are suing Jones in both Texas and Connecticut courts over his past claims where he stated that the tragedy was a hoax and that it was a staged event. Jones has since admitted that the shooting did occur.

“While the families are grateful for the Court’s ruling, they remain focused on uncovering the truth. As the Court noted, Alex Jones and his companies have deliberately concealed evidence of the relationship between what they publish and how they make money,” Chris Mattei of Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, which represents the plaintiffs said. 

“Mr. Jones was given every opportunity to comply but, when he chose instead to withhold evidence for more than two years, the Court was left with no choice but to rule as it did today. While today’s ruling is a legal victory, the battle to shed light on how deeply Mr. Jones has harmed these families continues.”

The cases will now transition to a hearing and damages. Jones did address the verdict on his Monday show. “We need to defend all of our speech rights to say whatever it is we wish. That’s the First Amendment,” Jones said. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Print & Digital

Jack Dorsey: It Was My Decision to Resign as Twitter CEO

Dorsey’s resignation takes effect immediately and he’ll be replaced by CTO Parag Agrawal.

Published

on

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey abruptly resigned from the company citing his belief that the company is ready to move on from its founders. 

According to CNBC, Dorsey’s resignation takes effect immediately and he’ll be replaced by CTO Parag Agrawal.

“My trust in Parag as Twitter’s CEO is deep. His work over the past 10 years has been transformational,” Dorsey tweeted. “I’m deeply grateful for his skill, heart, and soul. It’s his time to lead.”

Dorsey founded Twitter and was forced out as CEO in 2008. He returned as CEO in 2015 when Dick Costolo departed.

“I want you all to know that this was my decision and I own it,” he tweeted. “It was a tough one for me, of course. I love this service and company, and all of you so much. I’m really sad, yet really happy. There aren’t many companies that get to this level.”

Dorsey plans to remain on Twitter’s board for the next six months or so to help with the transition before fully departing the company.

Twitter missed Wall Street expectations on revenue and earnings per share last quarter. 

In September, the company agreed to pay $809.5 million to settle a class-action suit, in which investors accused the company of providing misleading numbers about engagement.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

NY Daily News Announces Andrew Julien as Its Executive Editor

Since September, Julien had been supervising the Daily News editorial department following ousting of editor-in-chief Robert York in a surprise shakeup. 

Published

on

The New York Daily News has some new leadership as the New York Post relayed the announcement that Andrew Julien is the new executive editor of the newspaper. 

Since September, Julien had been supervising the Daily News editorial department following ousting of editor-in-chief Robert York in a surprise shakeup. 

“I am honored, humbled, and thrilled,” Julien said. “The New York Daily News is a vital and vibrant part of the media landscape that hums each day with stories and photographs that engage and inform readers in the city and across the nation.”

“Over the last few weeks, I’ve had the chance to see up close the passion and commitment of our journalists, and it’s clear that everyone in the organization is deeply committed to our mission. We will continue to honor that commitment as we seek new readers — both in print and online. On a personal note, it’s great to be heading back to the city where I grew up.”

Before taking over this role, where it would see Julien relocate to New York, he served as editor in chief and publisher of Daily News sibling newspaper The Hartford Courant, where he’s been for the past three decades.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Kevin Kietzman Examines Deal Done by Chiefs, Car Crash Victim’s Family

Five-year-old Ariel Young was injured when Britt Reid, son of head coach Andy Reid, smashed into her family’s car.

Published

on

newsletter and podcast from award-winning journalist Kevin Kietzman examine the motives behind a recent deal struck between the Kansas City Chiefs and the family of a baby who was injured in a vehicle collision involving one of its former coaches. 

Five-year-old Ariel Young was injured when Britt Reid, son of head coach Andy Reid, smashed into her family’s car. Reid later told police that he had 2-3 drinks and used Adderall that same day. 

Under the terms of the deal, the team has reportedly agreed to cover all of the girl’s medical bills and provide long-term financial compensation. 

“Would your former employer ever do this for you?” Kietzman asked. “Why did the Chiefs release the information on a Friday afternoon when nobody was looking and why did they release the information just one day after owner Clark Hunt had his only once per season news conference?” 

Kietzman criticized the media for not asking questions and accused the team of striking the deal to cover Andy Reid and team President Mark Donovan individually. 

“You see, these guys won a Super Bowl and didn’t call the NFL commissioner dirty names in private emails,” said Kietzman. “No, they almost certainly broke about a million NFL and team rules and regulations and threw a rager for the coaches prior to the Super Bowl as a perk.” 

Kietzman added that the NFL considers words more detrimental to the league’s image than actions.  

“Patriots’ owner Robert Kraft gets popped in Florida at a massage parlor, prostitution ring,” he added. “No biggie, it just goes away.  It’s not like he wrote an email to somebody that the NFL has lost its mind catering to the woke culture America is now rejecting at every turn.”

In 2019, Keitzman was let go from Sports Radio 810 WHB after critical comments he made on-air about Britt Reid. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.