Connect with us
Jim Cutler Demos

News Television

Johana Suárez joins Noticias Telemundo as Anchor

Suárez comes from Univision’s KUVN 23 in Dallas

Avatar photo

Published

on

Noticias Telemundo will have a new face joining its network news team as Johana Suárez comes aboard to anchor and contribute reporting across its news programs and platforms.

Suárez comes from Univision’s KUVN 23 in Dallas, where she anchored the late-night newscast and is returning to the Telemundo network after being at a Telemundo-owned station in Los Angeles where she anchored the 5:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. weekend newscasts. 

“Johana has more than two decades of experience covering a broad range of topics and issues about the Latino community, and we’re excited she’s bringing her passion and insight to Noticias Telemundo,” Patsy Loris, executive vice president of Noticias Telemundo, said.  

“Our viewers expect impactful and trustworthy journalism, and our growing team of anchors and correspondents is deeply committed to chronicling the most important issues impacting Hispanics.”

She’s also hosted the public affairs program Enfoque Los Angeles at KVEA and served as a host of the politics program Voz y Voto at Univision’s KUVS station in Sacramento. 

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

News Television

Newsmax Primetime Anchor Eric Bolling Departs

“Newsmax wishes Eric Bolling well in his future endeavors.”

Avatar photo

Published

on

A photo of Eric Bolling
(Photo: Eric Bolling)

Newsmax and primetime anchor Eric Bolling have “mutually agreed” to part ways, effective today, according to a report from Mediaite.

Newsmax wishes Eric Bolling well in his future endeavors,” Newsmax said. “The network looks forward to an exciting period this election season which will include our nightly news coverage with Greta Van Susteren, Rob Schmitt, Greg Kelly, and Chris Plante.”

Bolling told the website he has a new endeavor already planned and will share with viewers where he is headed as soon as he can.

“I can’t wait to tell them about where I am going to next. It’s a huge step for me and something I have always wanted to do, and I’ll be letting everyone know in the next couple of weeks.”

Bolling’s final show with the conservative cable news network was Thursday, the day former President Donald Trump was found guilty on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in New York.

During Eric Bolling The Balance, the host claimed he had written an entire monologue but was going off script, quipping that “producers don’t know what I’m doing here right now.”

Bolling joined the network in 2021. He had previously worked at Fox News but was ousted in 2017 amid sexual harassment allegations, which he has continually denied.

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

Donald Trump to Hold Town Hall on X After Biden Declines Digital Debate

The date, location, and any potential moderators for the events for both RFK Jr. and Trump have yet to be announced.

Avatar photo

Published

on

A photo of the new Twitter logo

X, the social media platform owned by Elon Musk, will host former President Donald Trump for a town hall event, a report from the New York Post claims.

The town hall comes on the heels of news that independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was working with X and NewsNation to host an alternative to the televised debates Trump and President Joe Biden will participate in with CNN and ABC News.

The date, location, and any potential moderators for the events for both RFK Jr. and Trump have yet to be announced.

It will mark a return to the platform for Trump, who was banned by previous ownership for his role in the January 6th Insurrection. After purchasing the social media site, Musk lifted the ban on Trump, who has yet to tweet from his official account.

The Post report added that President Biden was offered the chance to debate Trump on the platform, but he declined. He also was offered a similar town hall event that RFK Jr. and the former President were granted, which he turned down as well.

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

Fox News Leads Cable News Ratings During Trump Guilty Verdict Reading

A combined 16.07 million across five networks — Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, ABC (3.34 million), and CBS (2.5 million) — tuned in to the breaking news coverage of Trump‘s conviction.

Douglas Pucci

Published

on

A photo of a Fox News mic flag
(Photo: NurPhoto for Getty Images)

After six weeks, the hush money trial from New York City that accused Donald Trump of falsifying business records in an effort to prevent the leaking of news of his sexual encounter with adult film actress Stormy Daniels prior to the 2016 election came to a conclusion on Thursday, May 30, with a guilty verdict by a 12-member jury on all 34 counts. The announcement of this verdict was, of course, a big boost to all the networks covering it. Fox News Channel was the biggest beneficiary.

The network was the most-watched outlet covering the breaking news, beginning at 5 PM ET, drawing 4.43 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research’s early numbers. On the day of Trump‘s first arraignment — Tuesday, April 4, 2023, for this same hush money case — in the same 5 PM hour, Fox News had posted 4.178 million viewers, based on Nielsen’s final live plus same-day data.

Elsewhere on cable, MSNBC (3.42 million) and CNN (2.38 million) also received significant increases from their normal levels. On the Thursday prior (May 23) in the same time slot, MSNBC’s Deadline: White House (from 4-6 PM) had delivered 1.382 million while the 5 pm hour of CNN’s The Lead with Jake Tapper drew 583,000.

Revisiting Trump’s Apr. 4, 2023 arraignment, MSNBC had posted 2.679 million from 4–6 p.m. and CNN got 2.809 million within the 3 PM hour that day.; CNN had peaked at 2.089 million within the 3 PM hour that day.

A combined 16.07 million across five networks — Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, ABC (3.34 million), and CBS (2.5 million) — tuned in to the breaking news coverage of Trump‘s conviction. When NBC’s data comes available, that combined figure will probably rise to approximately 18-19 million.

Sign up for the BSM 8@8

The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

Upcoming Events

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2024 Barrett Media.