We apparently have not heard the last from ex-CNN anchor Chris Cuomo. According to Page Six, Cuomo wants $60 million from the network in a settlement.
Cuomo was fired in December for using his journalistic influence to assist his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, with sexual misconduct allegations.
The report said he is prepared to demand not the $18 million left on his contract, but as much as $60 million.
Cuomo reportedly claims that former CNN President Jeff Zucker had his own inappropriate dealings with the former governor.
Zucker resigned last week after revealing an ongoing relationship with Allison Gollust, an executive vice president who claimed the career ladder during Zucker’s tenure.
“Chris intends to fight for every dollar on his contract, and loss of income from the 15 to 20 years left in his career, had Zucker not orchestrated a ‘f–k-job’ on him,” a source told the paper. “He could ask for as much as $80 million but CNN isn’t going to pay that. But there’s an argument he could ask for as much as $60 million”
The source also said Cuomo wants “Megyn Kelly money,” referring to her whopping $69 million payout at NBC.
“Chris is telling people in the Hamptons he was wrongly fired, humiliated, his career has been ruined,” a second source added.
News Media Reacts To Dinesh D’Souza’s Claim of ‘2000 Mules’ Being Suppressed
’Souza has a new film called “2,000 Mules,” and he’s going after Fox News host Tucker Carlson and Newsmax, accusing them of suppressing his movie.
Dinesh D’Souza has a new film called “2,000 Mules” which allegedly exposes widespread, coordinated voter fraud in the 2020 election. But earning press for the film has been harder than expected. D’Souza claims Fox News host Tucker Carlson has tried to suppress his movie.
“I’m sorry to say Tucker Carlson and his team specifically instructed Catherine Engelbrecht of True the Vote NOT to mention the movie,” D’Souza tweeted.
True the Vote, the Texas-based non-profit organization that provided the analysis D’Souza based his movie on, declared that 2,000 “mules” were paid by Democratic representatives to gather and drop off ballots in multiple states.
D’Souza also took to Twitter to share that Newsmax blocked coverage of the film too. The director had been booked to appear on the channel, but the appearance was later cancelled.
The AP provided their fact-checking for the film calling it a flick “based on faulty assumptions, anonymous accounts, and improper analysis of cellphone location data, which is not precise enough to confirm that somebody deposited a ballot into a dropbox, according to experts.”
Nonetheless, here’s what some in the news media are saying about the film:
Piers Morgan: When You Interview Donald Trump, You Have to Keep Going
Morgan drew the ire of Trump for the way he promoted their exclusive interview that aired weeks ago.
Talk show host Piers Morgan joined the “The Megyn Kelly Show” on SiriusXM Monday to discuss his beef with former President Donald Trump. Morgan drew the ire of Trump for the way he promoted their exclusive interview that aired weeks ago.
Trump ridiculed Morgan during a rally this past weekend calling him, “over the hill” and accusing him of creating a false narrative during the interview. Trump also accused Morgan of using him to boost his ratings and said that after their interview the “Uncensored” show tanked.
Morgan joked that he always wanted to be one of Trump’s “rally targets.” He also blamed Nigel Farage, a British broadcaster and former politician for pitting Trump against Morgan before the interview.
“Farage works for a rival network of mine here in the UK,” Morgan said. “He deliberately tried to sabotage the interview by sending Trump all the very critical things I’ve said about him in the last year of his presidency.”
Morgan told Kelly that he’s always tried to be fair with Trump despite the former president’s insistence that the 2020 election was stolen from him. Morgan said that the promo he ran leading up to his interview was fair and didn’t depict something that didn’t actually happen.
“With Donald Trump, when you’re interviewing him, you just keep on going until he says stop, it doesn’t matter what his aides tell you. The promo I did was very much in the style of the Apprentice, where I tried to make it as exciting and as tantalizing as possible.”
Donald Trump hosted “The Apprentice” for 14 seasons.
Mark Esper: The Actions of Donald Trump Threatened Our Democracy
Esper appeared on Fox News’ “Special Report” with Bret Baier to promote his new book “A Sacred Oath.”
The former Secretary of Defense for ex-President Donald Trump, Mark Esper, appeared on Fox News’ “Special Report” with Bret Baier to promote his new book “A Sacred Oath.”
During the interview, he explained that Trump was a threat to democracy, claiming in his book that the former president suggested that protestors be shot in their legs. As a result, Baier asked Esper, “Do you think Donald Trump was a threat to democracy?”
“I think that given the events of January 6th, given how he has undermined the election results, he incited people to come to D.C., stirred them that morning, and failed to call them off. To me, that threatens our democracy,” Esper responded.
However, Baier pressed the former Secretary of Defense to state whether yes or no since he didn’t give a definitive answer. “So, yes?” Baier asked. Leading to Esper to push back and say, “What else can you conclude, Bret?” Esper replied.
Esper also added that he hopes Trump doesn’t run for office in 2024 as it seems he’s keen on a return to the White House.
“I hope that the Republican base can figure out that while President Trump pushed a lot of traditional Republican ideas,” Esper said.
“There are other candidates out there who could run that could do it without dividing the people, without creating such tension within the country, and do it by growing the base as well.”