Connect with us
BSM Summit
blank

News Print & Digital

NAHJ “Appalled” by the Lack of Latino Journalists on CNN+

The streaming service is under criticism for the lack of Latino journalists.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

blank

CNN’s streaming service, CNN+, will reportedly launch later this month; however, there are already some issues taken with the lineup that the news media outlet plans to roll out. 

The streaming service is under criticism for the lack of Latino journalists. The National Association of Hispanic Journalists released a statement accusing CNN of ignoring Latino talent.

“The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) is appalled by the lack of Latino journalists in the CNN+ lineup,” the statement said. “This lack of representation is not only disrespectful to our diverse community but also disregards the well-qualified Latino talent pool within the organization.”

CNN announced its content slate late in February that includes a variety of shows for subscribers. CNN veterans Wolf Blitzer, Kate Bolduan, Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, and Sara Sidner will all be hosting programs on this platform. 

Furthermore, the streaming service will include newcomers to CNN as former Fox News host Chris Wallace and former ESPN anchors Jemele Hill and Cari Champion will have their shows. The NAHJ is pleading with CNN’s incoming president Chris Licht, to hire more Latino talent.

“We expect Chris Licht to do better to ensure that CNN hosts delivering the news reflect the communities they cover, and that diverse candidates are given equal opportunity,” the statement said. 

“To build a strong pipeline of Latino journalists, it is essential CNN+ develop and nurture diverse talent within their news programs, not only to accurately represent communities across the country, but also to positively contribute to the network’s evolving programming.”

CNN did provide a statement obtained by Barrett Media in response to the remarks made by the NAHJ.

“As a longstanding partner of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, we are proud to launch CNN+ with a very diverse lineup including the previously announced Eva Longoria: Searching for Mexico, which is currently in production,” the statement said.

“We continue to have discussions with journalists across the industry around opportunities at CNN+ and look forward to announcing more diverse shows, talent and content offerings soon.”

News Print & Digital

Report: More Than a Third of Twitter’s Top 100 Advertisers Have Exited

CNN’s Oliver Darcy shared the reporting done by the Washington Post that more than a third of the top 100 Twitter advertisers have abandoned the platform.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

blank

One of Elon Musk’s most significant challenges, as he now owns Twitter, lies on the financial side as the Tesla CEO attempts to make the social media stay afloat or at least somewhat profitable. 

However, CNN’s Oliver Darcy shared the reporting done by the Washington Post in his “Reliable Sources” newsletter that more than a third of Twitter’s top 100 advertisers have abandoned the platform.

With advertisers exiting, the lack of ad revenue is one of the most significant dangers to Twitter since it accounted for approximately 90 percent of its income last year.

The reporting also reveals that the pausing of ad campaigns is getting under Musk’s skin. The new Twitter owner lashed out at brands again Tuesday for “starving” the company of revenue. 

Musk also strongly suggested he never really created a “content moderation council” due to advertisers who “broke the deal” they allegedly had with him when they began exiting the platform after he “agreed to this condition.”

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Elon Musk: Ownership of Twitter Isn’t ‘Right-Wing Takeover’

Tesla CEO Elon Musk spoke with those who are still with the company, reassuring them that his ownership isn’t a “right-wing takeover.”

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

blank

Last week saw Twitter have another mass exodus of staffers and Tesla CEO Elon Musk spoke with those who are still with the company, reassuring them that his ownership isn’t a “right-wing takeover.”

Furthermore, Musk stated that he doesn’t plan on moving the platform to Texas despite many suggesting he do so since, for him, it would send a wrong message. 

“If we want to move the headquarters to Texas, I think it would play into the idea that Twitter has gone from being left-wing to right-wing, which is not the case,” Musk said (h/t The Verge). “This is not a right-wing takeover of Twitter. It is a moderate-wing takeover of Twitter.”

However, Musk is open to the idea of having dual headquarters, one in San Francisco and another in Texas, but for now, his objective appears to be stabilizing the company after a rocky transition. 

Musk indicated he might be done with slashing employees, telling employees to refer potential staffers for engineering and sales positions.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Blaze TV Hosts React To Controversy With Elon Musk, Twitter

Blaze TV hosts are reacting to the ongoing controversy involving Twitter as the company has seen mass layoffs under Elon Musk.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

blank

Blaze TV hosts are reacting to the ongoing controversy involving Twitter. Last week, CBS News said it was halting its activity on the platform amid layoffs and resignations at the company. 

Jeff Fisher joined Pat Gray and Steve Burguiere aka Stu, on the “Glenn Beck Show ” Monday to discuss some of the latest developments involving Twitter including owner Elion Musk banning conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. 

Burguiere said it’s strange to see how left-leaning pundits have demonized Elon Musk following his acquisition of Twitter. 

“This guy should be a liberal icon,” stated Burguiere. “We lose sight of this because he says things about free speech that I guess is exclusively a right-wing issue.” 

Burguiere said that Musk should be able to do anything that he wants with Twitter considering the amount of money he invested to purchase the company. 

“This whole thing that he’s the icon of free speech, I don’t know if that’s true,” added Burguiere. 

Musk announced recently that conspiracy theorist Alex Jones received a permanent ban on Twitter for his involvement in denying that the Sandy Hook massacre took place.

“He (Musk) has been a hard no on Alex no matter what,” said Fisher. 

“He has apologized for it,” Burguiere said. “He’s also been sued for billions of dollars over it.” 

“The thing about Alex Jones is that some of us don’t like what he said,” Gray remarked. “But, who cares, that’s what you call free speech.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement blank
Advertisement blank

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2022 Barrett Media.