Fox News State Department correspondent Benjamin Hall made a surprise return to social media when he provided an update on his health status in a couple of tweets (which have now been deleted).
Hall survived an attack in Ukraine that saw two coworkers killed, Fox News cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski, age 55, and Ukrainian journalist Oleksandra “Sasha” Kuvshinova, age 24. The Fox News reporter shared the injuries he sustained due to the attack but feels lucky to be alive.
“To sum it up, I’ve lost half a leg on one side and a foot on the other. One hand is being put together, one eye is no longer working, and my hearing is pretty blown… but all in all I feel pretty damn lucky to be here – and it is the people who got me here who are amazing!” Hall tweeted.
Hall is currently in a Texas military medical facility, where he has undergone numerous surgeries on his war wounds which the correspondent sustained last month.
The reporter also paid tribute to his two fallen colleagues, who didn’t survive that day, sharing the relationship that he had with Zakrzewski.
“I need to pay tribute to my colleagues Pierre and Sasha who didn’t make it that day. Pierre and I traveled the world together, working was his joy and his joy was infectious. RIP,” Hall wrote.
Jen Psaki Will Officially Join MSNBC This Fall
Psaki will appear across all MSNBC cable and streaming programming.
What was the worst kept secret in news media became official as former White House press secretary Jen Psaki officially joined MSNBC following her stint with the Biden Administration.
MSNBC president Rashida Jones states Psaki’s official move to the network will come in the fall when she will appear across all the network’s cable and streaming programming.
“Jen’s sharp wit and relatability combined with the mastery of the subjects she covers have made her a household name across the nation,” Jones said in a statement, per TV Newser.
“Her extensive experience in government and on the campaign trail and perspective as a White House and Washington insider is the type of analysis that sets MSNBC apart. She’s a familiar face and trusted authority to MSNBC viewers, and we look forward to her insight during this consequential election season.”
Psaki will also host a new streaming show for the network, which will launch in early 2023. The program “will bring together her unique perspective from behind the podium and her deep experience in the highest levels of government and presidential politics to MSNBC viewers,”
Greta Van Susteren Will Get Back to Her Roots with Newsmax Show
“The Record” will debut on June 14 and be based in Washington D.C.
Greta Van Susteren is a news anchor veteran who has worked for CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC during her journalism career; now, she’s heading to Newsmax, where she will host “The Record with Greta Van Susteren,” which will lead the outlet’s nightly lineup.
“The Record” will debut on June 14 and be based in Washington D.C. Furthermore, this show will be Van Susteren’s third cable news show with “Record” in the title, following “On the Record” on Fox News and For the “Record” on MSNBC.
“With all that is going on in the world, I am getting back to my roots: a daily live news show with real reporting from the places where things are happening,” Van Susteren said in a statement obtained by Barrett News Media.
“I have been friends with [Newsmax CEO] Chris Ruddy for years, and he is giving me this great opportunity to return, giving me the complete freedom to cover the news that really matters to people. I have been impressed by Newsmax’s team and their success—and would love to be part of a news network that is really growing.”
Van Susteren has been doing work for Newsmax already, including hosting a debate between candidates from Pennsylvania for the U.S. Senate earlier this month.
“No one in journalism better exemplifies Newsmax’s mission to provide fact-based news and fact-based opinion than Greta Van Susteren,” Newsmax Media CEO Chris Ruddy said. “We are so pleased and honored to have Greta lead our nightly news lineup of programs.”
Magaret Sullivan: You Can’t Split the Strands of Tucker Carlson, 4chan
CNN host Brian Stelter spoke to The Washington Post media columnist Margaret Sullivan about the “replacement theory” ideology.
It’s been over a week since an alleged gunman went inside a Tops supermarket in Buffalo and killed ten people. Since then, there’s been plenty of conversation regarding the “replacement theory” ideology.
CNN host Brian Stelter spoke to The Washington Post media columnist Margaret Sullivan about the matter. The two discussed the effects that strains like Fox News host Tucker Carlson and websites like 4chan help push the ideology, leading to some mass shootings.
Furthermore, Sullivan states that Carlson and those websites cannot differentiate the two strains that play in further growing the “replacement theory.”
“The gunman was motivated by the same kind of broad and growing ideology that we’re seeing in these other places that you’re talking about, this idea that white people are being replaced by Jews, by black people, by the others,” Sullivan said.
“And it is a very ugly and clearly a very destructive and a very disturbing tendency. And you cannot really separate the strands of Tucker Carlson on Fox News and 4chan and all the other ways that this ideology is making its way into our society in very, very disturbing and very destructive ways.”
Some media members have come to the defense of Carlson, such as former Fox News and current SiriusXM host Megyn Kelly.
“Why can’t we spend two f***ing minutes mourning the people who are dead and trying to understand that we have insane people in this country. We have lunatics. It’s a huge country!” Kelly said.