Connect with us

News Print & Digital

Jon Stewart’s AppleTV+ Show Not Resonating with Audience

The New York Post is reporting that the fifth episode, which aired in March, was seen by just 40,000 people, a 78% drop

Published

on

Jon Stewart’s new talk show on AppleTV+ reportedly hasn’t resonated with audiences the way he would have hoped. Numbers indicate “The Problem with Jon Stewart” appeared in 180,000 homes during its debut in the fall. 

The New York Post is reporting that the fifth episode, which aired in March, was seen by just 40,000 people, a 78% drop. Stewart reacted to the small viewership numbers at the end of the premiere episode of his show. 

“Thank you for watching but my guess is you didn’t,” he said. “You’re probably just going to look at aggregated clips of it somewhere, on YouTube, where you pirate ‘Ted Lasso.’ You don’t even know how to get Apple TV, do you?”

Molly Thompson, head of unscripted and documentaries at Apple TV+, told Bloomberg that the company is happy with Stewart’s new program. “The series has sparked complex conversations about critical issues, and we’re proud to team with Jon for season two and beyond,” she said.

The former “Daily Show” host is used to being on television where audiences are significantly larger. His last show six years ago was seen by 3.5 million viewers, according to Nielsen ratings.

Stewart faces more competition on AppleTV+ with abundant streaming options such as Netflix, HBO Max, and Hulu which all have talk shows hosted by comedians. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News Print & Digital

Elon Musk Would Lift Twitter’s “Morally Wrong” Ban on Donald Trump

Musk stated at the Financial Times’ Future of the Car event that he would change “the morally wrong and flat-out stupid” decision by Twitter to ban Trump

Published

on

When Elon Musk decided to begin the process of purchasing Twitter, one of the marquee questions surrounding the takeover is whether or not he would lift the ban on former President Donald Trump.

Musk stated on Tuesday while speaking at the Financial Times’ Future of the Car event that he would change “the morally wrong and flat-out stupid” decision by Twitter to ban Trump, per Reuters

“I think it was a morally bad decision to be clear and foolish in the extreme,” Musk said. “I do think it was not correct to ban Donald trump I think that was a mistake … It alienated a large part of the country and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice.”

Twitter banned the former President in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol to prevent “the risk of further incitement of violence.” However, even if the social media giant lifts its ban on Trump, he might not return as he’s keen on growing his platform TRUTH Social. 

“I am not going on Twitter; I am going to stay on TRUTH,” Trump said. “I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it, and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on TRUTH.”

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Washington Post Wins Pulitzer Prize for Its Jan. 6th Coverage

The prize, viewed as American journalism’s highest award, acknowledges the work of more than 100 journalists throughout The Post’s newsroom. 

Published

on

There was plenty of news coverage regarding the January 6th insurrection when many supporters of former President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overturn the 2020 Election. 

However, The Washington Post received the highest award for its coverage last year as the newspaper announced that it had won the Pulitzer Prize. 

The prize, viewed as American journalism’s highest award, acknowledges the work of more than 100 journalists throughout The Post’s newsroom. 

“This was a seminal event in American history and democracy,” Post Executive Editor Sally Buzbee said. “I’m enormously pleased and very honored that the whole breadth and sweep of the Post coverage is what was recognized.”

Furthermore, Marty Baron, the Post’s legendary executive editor who retired in February 2021, celebrated the award and expressed that The Post’s work covering January 6th reflects “journalistic teamwork at its finest.”

“The skills of every department were deployed. And I couldn’t be more gratified that it is now being recognized with journalism’s highest honor,” Baron added to the statement announcing the award.  

“It was a privilege to be part of such a remarkable newsroom, which rightly hasn’t let up in its investigation of who and what brought the United States to such a precarious point in its history.”

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

“Meet the Press” Goes Daily as NBC News Now Content Grows

The new lineup will include “Meet the Press NOW,” anchored by Chuck Todd, streaming at 4 p.m. ET Monday through Friday beginning Monday, June 6. 

Published

on

To further grow the NBC News NOW platform, the company plans to add new anchors and original shows to its programming lineup. The company announced that “Meet the Press” is going daily in a press release.

The new lineup will include “Meet the Press NOW,” anchored by Chuck Todd, streaming at 4 p.m. ET Monday through Friday beginning Monday, June 6. 

“NBC News is the leader in streaming news,” NBC News President Noah Oppenheim said. “Since our launch, we’ve been committed to delivering the best of NBC News’ journalism, free, to streaming audiences everywhere.”

“Chuck was one of the first broadcast anchors to see the massive potential of streaming, and bringing Meet the Press’s daily franchise to NBC News NOW reinforces the platform’s status as the destination for news on streaming.”

Furthermore, the “Meet the Press” daily show isn’t the only addition to the streaming service. NBC News senior investigative and consumer correspondent Vicky Nguyen will join NBC News NOW anchor. 

Along with Nguyen, NBC News correspondent Morgan Radford will be the co-host of “NBC News NOW Live from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on NBC News NOW. 

Finally, NBC News NOW anchor and NBC News correspondent Aaron Gilchrist is going to serve as an anchoring “NBC News NOW Live” from 2 to 4 p.m., and MSNBC Senior National Correspondent Chris Jansing will start anchoring “MSNBC Reports at 1 p.m. on May 26. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.