Connect with us

News Television

Dan Abrams: Someone in Donald Trump’s Inner Circle Could See Charges

“For the first time, I think there’s a real possibility a member of Donald Trump’s inner circle could face criminal charges related to Jan. 6,” Abrams said on Thursday’s edition of “Dan Abrams Live.”

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

The hearings into the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol remain ongoing, and following the raid on former Trump Department of Justice official Jeffrey Clark this week, anchor Dan Abrams has a bold belief. 

Abrams, the founder of Mediaite and anchor on NewsNation, considers that for the first time, someone from former President Donald Trump’s inner circle could see criminal charges.

“For the first time, I think there’s a real possibility a member of Donald Trump’s inner circle could face criminal charges related to Jan. 6,” Abrams said on Thursday’s edition of “Dan Abrams Live.”

“It’s generally seemed to me that the criminal inquiry into Trump and his inner circle in connection with Jan. 6 wasn’t going anywhere. I’m talking about what I actually think is happening, that’s all.”

Abrams stated the latest hearing and the Wednesday raid on Clark are what altered his view on whether anyone could end up seeing charges.

“What we learned today changed my analysis. That’s because federal investigators just raided the home of former trump department of justice lawyer Jeffrey Clark,” Abrams added. 

“He was the guy heading the justice department’s environmental division who Donald Trump tried to put in as acting attorney general could see was apparently the only one within the DOJ willing to support the effort to overturn the 2020 election.”

Finally, Abrams conveyed that the raid’s timing before the hearing could examine Clark’s role could lead to something significant when facing jail time.  

“To get authorization to raid his home now, the day before the Jan. 6 committee held a hearing examining Jeffrey Clark’s role in trying to overturn the election, suggest to me that they believe they suddenly could have something big,” Abrams concluded. 

News Television

Chris Wallace: Democrats Would Like Another Nominee in 2024

Wallace said Democrats don’t want Biden to run again in 2024 because of his age. 

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Chris Wallace joined CNN’s “At This Hour” to discuss a New York Times article suggesting that President Joe Biden shouldn’t run again. 

According to a transcript published on Breitbart, Wallace said Democrats don’t want Biden to run again in 2024 because of his age. 

“I think 75%of Democrats say they would like to see another Democratic nominee for president in 2024,” said Biden. 

Wallace said he’s witnessed farewells plenty of times, especially in the media, which he referred to as the gold watch sent off. 

“Look; obviously, the success after a lot of stalemate, the success of the last month or so by Joe Biden is impressive, and it will change the narrative,” Wallace said. “We will be talking about everything he has accomplished.” 

‘You know what, I’m excited by the idea of a guy who on next inauguration day would be 82 running for election again,’ I’m not so sure about that,” he added.

Continue Reading

News Television

News Media Reacts to FBI Searching Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort

CNN reports that the former President corroborated the information that FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago and stated, “they even broke into my safe.”

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

On Monday, news broke that the FBI executed a search warrant at former U.S. President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. 

The search warrant is part of the inquiry into the handling of presidential documents, including classified documents, that Trump may have been brought there. 

CNN reports that the former President corroborated the information that FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago and stated, “they even broke into my safe.” He was at Trump Tower in New York when the search warrant occurred in Florida. 

There’s plenty of reaction from both sides of the news media aisle, here’s what some had to say: 

Continue Reading

News Television

John Oliver Takes Dig at Parent Owner Warner Bros. Discovery

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav was also a leading force in canceling CNN’s venture into the streaming wars

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Warner Bros. Discovery has made recent headlines for its decisions regarding HBO Max and canceling in-production films, including DC’s “Batgirl,” to get future tax write-offs.

During a segment discussing Monkeypox on Sunday, HBO’s “Last Week Tonight” host John Oliver decided to take a shot at their new parent company for its recent decisions.

“We let the vaccine sit unused on a shelf in our reserves like an expired Chobani or a $90 million movie on HBO Max,” Oliver said, referring to the “Batgirl” film. 

“By the way, hi there, new business daddy! Seems like you’re doing a really great job. I do get the vague sense that you’re burning down my network for the insurance money, but I’m sure that will all pass.”

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav was also a leading force in canceling CNN’s venture into the streaming wars, pulling the plug on CNN+ less than a month after the service launched. 

“On CNN+, there was no message it was a business decision,” Zaslav told CNBC in May. “We looked at it and we looked at the data, the number of users they had spent an enormous amount of money trying to sell an independent product. 

“The subscribers weren’t there, the users weren’t there. We looked at it together. We had a chance to look at all the data and when we looked at the data, it was, the business wasn’t there.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.