Sports TV News

Marcellus Wiley Departing FS1’s Speak For Yourself

Wiley previously worked at ESPN on both television and radio. The Post reports he has been offered a contract with a different role with FS1.

Marcellus Wiley

Marcellus Wiley is set to depart FS1’s Speak For Yourself, according to a report from The New York Post.

Wiley has co-hosted the show since replacing Colin Cowherd in 2018, originally with Jason Whitlock before Emmanuel Acho joined the show in 2020.

Per the Post’s report, discussions are underway to pair Acho with The Herd with Colin Cowherd co-host Joy Taylor and former NFL running back LeSean McCoy in a more football focused show.

Wiley previously worked at ESPN on both television and radio. The Post reports he has been offered a contract with a different role with FS1, but details remain sparse on what that role would be and if Wiley would accept.

17 Comments

17 Comments

1. Rodney Aleshire

August 5, 2022 at 4:29 pm

Acho and Wiley were great!!! Sure will miss those guys trading thoughts!! The two most intelligent men working the same show ever!!!!

• Rob

August 9, 2022 at 12:26 pm

This show has been going downhill since Willey left. Acho is very intelligent and Willey was a perfect counterpoint to him, I like Joy but I prefer her on Colin’s show. Shady is a whatever to me, I can take him or leave him. Acho also seems to be struggling a little bit since Willey left. This was the best show in FS1’s line up and the most intelligent. Willey will be missed.

• Tak

August 9, 2022 at 3:00 pm

Agreed. Acho tries way too hard as the main host and it’s hard to watch. Like Whitlock a lot better than him, and his takes most of the time are asinine

• Terry Morning

August 9, 2022 at 3:51 pm

I watched the show since that dude Marcellus Wiley left the show and it is definitely NOT the same..nothing against my man Acho, but Marcellus was the man..so much swagger and knowledge..I think the ratings will go down..bring that dude please..

• Troy

August 10, 2022 at 11:26 am

Nope, this was my favorite duo. Can’t watch it with just Acho and friends. He get pushed around to much.

2. Tony

August 8, 2022 at 3:17 pm

The show has been unwatchable ever since Jason Whitlock left.

3. Christopher Daniels

August 8, 2022 at 5:50 pm

I like joy and shady but they aren’t wiley .it’s super crazy he’s the best at football fs1 is crazy.you had two if the most smartest people in the business on the show.shady is good but he’s nowhere compared to wiley.

4. Josh

August 9, 2022 at 2:04 pm

Very unfortunate. I loved the Wiley and Acho pairing. Ill have to find something else unless they give Wiley another show. I always appreciated Wiley logical take to every conversation, non race card take etc.

5. Steven

August 9, 2022 at 3:44 pm

Just wrong.Straight Blasphemy. One of the best two Man teams ever.

6. Michael Lyon

August 9, 2022 at 3:47 pm

Yeah I’m not a fan of Acho and Joy ! I think Joy was great with Herd ! But I think Willey gave Acho too much credit and it backfired ! But I think there better off sticking to Football cause some of there takes on basketball are as good as there basketball skills , pathetic ! Please don’t turn into ESPN !

7. Freddy

August 9, 2022 at 4:36 pm

Bring back Dat Dude!

8. Samuel Hawkins

August 9, 2022 at 7:47 pm

What a wack choice to remove Wiley. The show is not the same. Not really a fan of it now

9. Terri

August 10, 2022 at 5:46 pm

The show just ain’t the same with out “Big Dog” Wiley! Love Acho, but those other three…they can go somewhere!!!

10. Paul Novick

August 10, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Wiley and Acho were a perfect match. Always fun to listen to them play off one another. Wiley clearly kept the show moving. Since he’s left it leaves such a gap in what was one of the best daily sports analysis programs. Acho is trying too hard to fill Wiley’s space. Joy should stay with the Herd. The chemistry is gone. Not fun to watch anymore.

11. Matthew

August 12, 2022 at 3:42 pm

Pay Dat Dude. The show is really hard to watch at the moment. Wiley was the best on SFY. Wiley and Acho have a great balance together. The show seems very chaotic with all kinds of other people on it. Bring Wiley back!

12. Darrell

August 14, 2022 at 4:03 pm

I just thought Wiley was on vacation, but now that I see he’s not coming back to SFY neither will I be coming back to watch anymore.

Your email address will not be published.

Sports TV News

Matthew Berry: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’ Led to ESPN Exit

“I have an entrepreneurial spirit…I wanted to continue my Fantasy Life stuff. I wanted to be able to keep doing that and building those businesses,” said Berry.

Ricky Keeler

Matthew Berry

It’s been over a week since renowned fantasy football expert Matthew Berry joined NBC Sports after announcing his intention to leave ESPN after 15 years. It made many to wonder why Berry would switch networks.

Berry was on the Brother from Another show with Michael Smith this week. Smith and Berry will do two fantasy shows in the upcoming weeks. On Wednesday, August 17 at 8 PM ET on Peacock, they will host the RotoWorld Draft Guide Show. During the football season, the duo will host the Fantasy Football Tailgate show from 11 AM-1 PM on Peacock before the day’s NFL action begins.

Before the two of them broke down fantasy football, Berry told Smith that he wasn’t necessarily looking to leave the Worldwide Leader and the money wasn’t exactly that much different.

“I wasn’t looking to leave ESPN. I have nothing bad to say about the place. The reason anyone gives a blank about me is because of those four letters and I’m proud of everything we accomplished there.”

“What I would tell you is that there were two things that were super important to me. Obviously, you want to be paid as much as you can get. We all want to make as much money as possible. It was very comparable in terms of what ESPN offered me to stay. ESPN offered me a 3-year extension, very nice raise. NBC also made a very generous offer, so the money was basically equal.”

With money not being the sole reason for the switch, Berry wanted to keep the Fantasy Life app and FantasyLife.com going, which was something he would not be able to do if he was still at ESPN.

The other main reason for Berry going to NBC is that he wanted to be a part of the NFL coverage, an opportunity he was told he would have by being on Football Night in America Sunday nights during the season.

“I wanted to be a part of NFL coverage. I’ve always tried to push the ball forward in terms of fantasy analysis. I believe that when you are talking fantasy, you are talking NFL. All it is is you are just talking ball…At ESPN because ESPN is owned by Disney, the entrepreneurial stuff wasn’t going to be allowed and I just wasn’t going to be a part of NFL coverage there. That’s how they’ve set their company up and let’s be clear, they have done really, really well over the years. It’s important for me to be a part of NFL coverage to have fantasy truly be aligned.”

Sports TV News

Jenna Wolfe Departs ‘First Things First’

“I’m heading off to some other things,” Wolfe said during her announcement. “I have had an absolute blast here, minus not always knowing what day it was.

First Things First host Jenna Wolfe announced her departure at the end of this morning’s show. Wolfe has co-hosted the show with Nick Wright and Kevin Wildes since 2017.

“What’s important is I will be watching you guys (Wright and Wildes) and I will be rooting for you guys. And for you at home, thank you so much for waking up with us every day. It meant the world to me. I will miss you. I will mis this.”

Wolfe, 48, ended her goodbye by saying “It’s Jordan. It was always Jordan,” in regards to the show’s frequent conversation about whether Michael Jordan or LeBron James is the greatest basketball player of all time.

The former TODAY Show host did not mention what future projects may be in store.

Sports TV News

CBS Will Work Around New Big Ten, Outgoing SEC Contracts

In a wide-ranging story Thursday, Sports Illustrated‘s Ross Dellenger revealed a college football media nugget that many had questioned.

CBS, who is expected to announce an upcoming deal with the Big Ten, is reportedly “double booked” for their 3:30 ET games in 2023.

The SEC’s deal with CBS, which ends after the 2023 season, is an exclusive game aired at 3:30 ET. The Big Ten’s deal with CBS, which begins for the 2023 season, is an exclusive game aired at 3:30 ET. Dellenger reports the Big Ten’s deal will allow CBS to air their final season of the SEC during the first year of the contract, but said details weren’t provided.

The situation isn’t ideal for the Big Ten or it’s new media partners CBS, NBC, or Fox. NBC is alleged to have secured a primetime Big Ten game, so any workaround involving CBS would likely see the Big Ten featuring two games on network TV simultaneously, with either an additional game at Noon ET competing with Fox’s Big Noon Kickoff or in primetime competing against NBC’s newly acquired rights.